Here you will learn different methods in order to rectify the TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror. When you guys step into the custom development, firstly you have to unlock the device’s bootloader. When you guys perform this, you guys will be in a position to flash custom ROMs, recovery, & many mods & binaries as well. But flashing offers its own set of risks. Lots of errors are also here that you guys probably come across whilst flashing a ZIP file by using the TWRP. One of them is:
Error Applying update: 28 (errorCode::kdownloadoperationexecutionerror) Updater process ended with error: 1
In case you guys are now getting bugged with this issue, then this guide will help you. Here we will tell different processes to rectify the TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror. Try each of the following workarounds & see which one works best in your favor. Let’s get started.
Way to Rectify the TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror
Use a various USB Cable
Actually, this solution offers the maximum success rate. A plethora of users was able to fix this problem just after switching over to various USB cables. Select various USB cables & then plug them into the USB 2.0 Port on the Personal Computer (not the 3.0 Port). Must try flashing the file & verify in case it resolves the TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror.
Verify the Integrity of ZIP File to resolve TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror
How we can perform this? Here let’s check it out.
- Open that link from where you guys are downloading the ZIP file. Then locate the MD5 checksum value.
- Keep in mind that a very renowned website will show you guys the MD5 value of the ZIP file. While the location probably varies, however, it will be there.
- When you guys have found out the MD5 value, then you must have to note it somewhere. Here you have to download the ZIP file.
- Go to that downloaded ZIP file folder, write the CMD in its address bar, & press Enter. This will set up the CMD window.
- Copy and paste the following command in that CMD window. Now ensure to replace the “filename” accordingly:
certutil -hashfile filename.zip MD5
- Now it will display you guys the MD5 value of the ZIP file. At this stage, you have to compare it with the one that you guys had prior copied from the website.
- In case they both match, at that time the ZIP file integrity stands maintained and all the data have been correctly downloaded.
In case they are not matched in the value, you guys will just have to re-download the file from scratch. Do so, check the integrity, & then flash it on your device. Verify-in case it resolves the TWRP Error Applying Update: 28 kdownloadoperationexecutionerror.
Also, see this article: ADB Sideload Status 1: How to Update package is an older Error
Repartition & Increase System Partition Size
On Nokia, this glitch mostly arises at the time when users are flashing a custom ROM. But because of the smaller system partition size, the system.img file of the custom ROM could not be flashed. Thus TWRP will throw the Error 28. In order to fix this issue, you guys will have to enlarge the size of the system partition. For that, you can use the Nokia Repartition Tool that has been made for Nokia 6.1 Plus / X6 (DRG) & is also working on Nokia 7 Plus.
- Go to GitHub & download the Nokia Repartition Tool [direct link].
- Bring it out and double tap on the Nokia-Repartition-Tool.exe in order to set up the tool.
- Now you guys will see three various buttons along with the alphabets G, S,& V. Here is what they mean:
G: GB S: System V: Vendor
- As of now, here is what these three buttons stand for:
3.5G S - 1G V: 3.5GB system partition 1GB vendor 4G S - 1G V: 4GB system partition 1GB vendor 4.5G S - 1G V: 4.5GB system partition 1GB vendor
- Tap on the desired size that you guys want for your device’s system partition & wait for the method to complete.
- Once completed, then your device will boot to TWRP, spontaneously. You probably now flash the desired file & will no longer get any error message.