Today in this guide, we will show our reader the way to Install Android 13 via ADB Sideload. Without wasting time, now let’s check the steps to Install Android 13 via ADB Sideload.
How to Install Android 13 via ADB Sideload
The following instructions are explained just under separate sections for you guys to understand easily. You should make sure to follow the exact sequence as listed.
Get Android SDK
First of all, you have to get the Android SDK on your computer. Actually, this is the official ADB & Fastboot binary which is offered by Google & is the only recommended one. Install it & then bring it out to any suitable location on your Personal Computer. It will provide you guys with the platform-tools folder. Though it will be used throughout this guide.
Get Android 13 OTA Image
Now you probably get the Android 13 firmware for your device. Here we use the ADB Sideload method, so you should get the OTA file (not the Factory Image). At the time when you guys have downloaded the firmware, then send it to the platform-tools folder on Computer. Similarly, name your file to update, after giving it a name the whole name becomes update.zip.
Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlocking
Actually, this process will make the device more notable by the PC in ADB mode. This will permit you guys to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is actually needed to manage the bootloader unlocking process.
Open Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Again go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlocking.
Boot to Stock Recovery
- First of all, you have to connect the device to the Personal Computer by using the USB cable. And also make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Go to the platform-tools folder, here copy and paste in CMD in the address bar, and press Enter. This will set up the Command Prompt.
- Copy and paste in the below command in the CMD window in order to boot the device to the stock recovery
adb reboot recovery
- On most of the Pixel devices, there will open a No Command screen.
- In order to quit this screen, you have to press & hold the Power Button, and while doing, therefore press & discharge the Volume Up key. Also, release the Power key. Now you guys will be taken to the stock recovery.
Get Android 13 by using ADB Sideload
- First of all, you have to use the Volume keys in order to highlight the Apply Update from the ADB option. Hit the Power key to confirm it.
- Here you will see a message on your device.
- Go to the platform-tools folder, copy and paste in CMD in the address bar. Press Enter. This will set up the Command Prompt.
- Now copy and paste the below command in the CMD window in order to check the ADB Sideload connection:
- In case you obtain the sideload keyword in the Command Prompt, at that time the connection stands successful & you probably proceed ahead.
- Open the CMD window (that you guys have opened inside platform tools). Copy and paste the following command in order to install the Android 13 OTA file:
adb sideload update.zip
- Now the installation process will start and take a few minutes. At the time when it is completed, then use the Volume keys to choose the Reboot System Now option & press the Power key in order to make it sure.