Well, Guys! Here we are going to solve the problem of excessive battery drain on Pixel devices just after the Android 12 update. The newest iteration of the OS brought in a truckload of the latest & fascinating features. Among them the Material You design & the Wallpaper based theming engine has offered a wholly new outlook to the overall look & feel of the UI. But, it just seems that they are demonstrating to be quite resource-intensive in nature.
Many users are seeing excessive battery drainage problems on their Pixel devices. It just started taking place right after they had updated the device to the newest Android 12. What is even more concerning is the reality that the issue was available in the Beta builds. Eventually, at that point, we took it with the expected lines just because such problems are available in the testing phase. However, now that it has reached the secure build, it needs to be addressed at the earliest.
Below we have listed some workarounds that will help you guys to fix the excessive battery drain issue on Pixel devices running Android 12.
On Android 12: Resolve Pixel Excessive Battery Drain
Restrict App’s Battery Usage
- First of all, you have to go to the Settings menu on the device.
- Head to Battery > Battery Usage section.
- Indicate the applications just under the ‘App usage for past 24 hr’.
- Click on the first application in that list & choose Restricted from the menu.
- Similarly, perform this for all the applications that occupy a higher position in that list.
- Once it is completed, then check out if the Pixel excessive battery drain issue on Android 12 has been resolved or not.
- Go to the Settings page on the device.
- Head to Display > Lock Screen.
- Here disable the Always Show Time & Info toggle.
- Check whether it does any good in resolving the Android 12 excessive battery drain problem on Pixel devices.
Disable Mobile Data Always Active
If you use WiFi, then the device will still carry on to have the Mobile Data working. Because in case your device is not able to continue the WiFi signals, it will spontaneously switch over to the carrier data.
Plus, there will be no reasonable productivity loss & you guys will continue to be online. However, on the flip side, it is sure to result in a drop in the battery percentage. You should think about disabling this feature, which could be done as follows.
- Enable Developer Options. Head to Settings > About Phone > And Click on Build Number 7 times.
- After doing this you guys will get a prompt that you guys are now a developer. Head to Settings > System > and Developer Options.
- Drop to the Mobile Data Always Active option & turn it off.
- Verify if it can fix the Android 12 excessive battery drain issue on Pixel devices.
Lower the Screen Timeout
- Go to Settings > Display on the device.
- Head to the Screen Timeout option.
- Choose either 15 seconds or 30 seconds at the very max.
- Verify-in case manages to resolve the Pixel excessive battery drain glitch on Android 12.
Disable Tap to Wake
It is actually an accessible feature that permits you to wake up your device, check the pending notifications & conduct other related tasks, without the need to unlock the device. While it is quite a useful feature, it appears at a cost of an expensive expenditure in the battery quota.
- Head to Settings > Display.
- Open the Lock Screen section.
- You have to disable the Tap to Check Phone & Lift to Check Phone features.
- Check if it was enough to resolve the Pixel excessive battery drain problem on Android 12.
Use Battery Saver Mode
Here is what you guys must need to do:
- First of all, go to the Settings menu.
- Head to Battery > Battery Saver.
- Enable the toggle.
- Here you will see some positive results once it comes to resolving the Pixel excessive battery drain glitch on Android 12.
Enable Extreme Battery Saver
Whether you guys wish to take an even more aggressive approach, then think about enabling the Extreme Battery Saver Mode. This mode will stop the functionality of most applications & services. Simultaneously it offers you the option in order to add the desired applications to the whitelist, that is, they would not be affected by this mode.
Before sleeping, consider enabling this feature & turn it back on in the morning. Simultaneously ensure that all your essential applications are added to the whitelist so that they do not get affected by this feature. Here are a few steps to enable & use this feature on your Android 12 device:
- You have to open the Settings > Battery > Battery Saver option.
- Head to Extreme Battery Saver > When to use & choose Always Use.
- You have to head back to a menu to the Essential Applications section & add your desired applications there.
Turn off Adaptive Connectivity
This feature supports your device to switch from 5G to 4G when it deems fit. For instance, once you guys are using an instant messenger application or just scrolling via feeds, the Adaptive Connectivity feature will switch from 5G to 4G to preserve the battery life.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Open to the Network & Internet section.
- Drop to Adaptive Connectivity and turn off the toggle next to it.
- Verify if it solves the excessive battery drain problems on Pixel devices running Android 12.