Here you will learn two ways to Fix Outlook search not working in Windows 11 resulting in its inability to search for new emails. Actually, the most renowned email clients out there, this providing from the Redmond giants sees a number of useful features. These are the likes of a calendar, task & contact managing, note-taking, among others.
Unluckily, it is not free from issues. Various users reported that Outlook search functionality is not working with the expected lines. In accordance with this, the email client can’t search the recent emails, as well as those that come about in the last seven days.
It is not even showing the consequences from the SharedMailbox folder either. Furthermore, the POP & IMAP accounts, MS Exchange & Microsoft 365, & also the hosted accounts are all now getting bugged with this issue. Let’s check out its fixes.
Fix Outlook search not working in Windows 11
There are two different ways through which you can rectify this problem. Well, we have explained both fixes as below, let’s check them out.
Disable Windows Desktop Search
- First of all, you have to go to the Start Menu, here find the Registry Editor, and go to it.
- Type the below location in the address bar & also press Enter:
- You have to right-click on the Windows folder. Choose New > Key. Name it Windows Search.
- Right-click on the Windows Search key and & New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then you have to Name it PreventIndexingOutlook.
- Simply, double-tap to head to this PreventIndexingOutlook DWORD file. Write in 1 in its Value Data field.
- Tap OK in order to save the modifications.
- Finally, Reboot your computer for the changes to take place
The aforementioned steps will resolve the Outlook search not working glitch in Windows 11. In case, any time you guys want to re-enable the Desktop Search, modify the Value Data of PreventIndexingOutlook to 0. Now let’s check the way to fix this issue just by downgrading to an older security patch.
Downgrade to Previous Security Patch
- First of all, you have to use the Windows+I shortcut keys in order to go to the Settings menu.
- Choose Windows Update just from the left menu bar & open the Update History section.
- You have to drop to the end of the page & then open the Uninstall Updates.
- Then choose the December 14, 2021—KB5008212 update. After choosing tap Uninstall from the top menu bar.
- Tap YES in the confirmation dialog box.
- The Windows 11 update will be at that time uninstalled from your Personal Computer.
- After this reboot your computer for the changes to be implemented.
Well, we hope that you like the guide. If you have any issues or queries related to this article then you can ask using the comments section below.