We are going to show you the methods to enable the Dark Mode Task Manager in Windows 11. The current iteration of the OS build has done some great renovations to the user interface. When the OS was disclosed, the Redmond giants did some more UI tweaks to its apps, as well as the likes of Paint & Notepad. But, Task Manager was still one system application that was yet to display its dark side!
MS has revealed the Dark Mode Task Manager in the newest Windows 11 Dev Build (22538). But, it is still being implemented in stages, meaning it probably takes some time before reaching all the Insider Preview users. Alright! Provides you could cut this wait time & get it right away. Now let’s start the guide.
Methods Enable Dark Mode Task Manager in Windows 11
- Download the ViveTool from GitHub. Extract it on the Personal Computer.
- On extraction, you guys will grab an EXE & a DLL file, send them to the below-mentioned location:
- Go to the Start Menu, locate the CMD & set it up as an administrator.
Carry out the following four commands, consecutively, in this CMD window & press Enter:
vivetool addconfig 35908098 2 vivetool addconfig 37204171 2 vivetool addconfig 36898195 2
vivetool addconfig 36898195 2
- Once completed, reboot your Windows 11 PC. With that, the new Dark Mode Task Manager is enabled.
Way to Get Back the Old Task Manager in your Windows 11
- First of all, you have to set up the Task Manager as an administrator.
Carry out the below mentioned four commands, consecutively
vivetool delconfig 35908098 2 vivetool delconfig 37204171 2 vivetool delconfig 36898195 2
vivetool delconfig 36898195 2
- Finally, Reboot the PC.
Well, if you have any issues or any queries then you can ask us in the comments section below.