Here we’ll show you different methods to resolve the Elden Ring crashing, stuttering, FPS, & as well as performance problems on the Computer. This guide will show you different methods to resolve the Elden Ring crashing, stuttering, FPS, & performance problems on the Computer.
Resolve: Elden Ring Crashing, Stuttering, FPS Drops, Performance Bug
Here let’s get started.
Disable Steam Overlay to fix the issue Elden Ring Crashing, Stuttering, FPS Drops, Performance Bug
It is an in-game interface that permits you to access different Steam Community features whilst you guys are right in the middle of the game. Its advantage is that you do not have to minimize the game to access the required features as you guys could get hold of them right from the overlay menu itself. But, since it will be simultaneously running with the game, it tends to hog additional system resources. Therefore, you could consider disabling it, by using the instructions given below.
- Set up the Steam app on the Computer.
- Tap on the Steam menu located at the top left.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Open the In-Game menu from the left-hand side.
- Now you have to uncheck “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game”.
Remove the Epic Games Launcher
- Firstly, open the Start Menu, search Epic Games Launcher, and tap Uninstall.
- Now you guys will be taken to Control Panel. Choose Epic Games Launcher & tap Uninstall.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions in order to remove them from your computer.
- At the time when it is completed then verify if it fixes the Elden Ring crashing issue.
Update GPU Drivers
- First of all, you should use the Windows+X shortcut. Choose Device Manager from the menu that appears.
- Expand Display Adapter, right-click on the graphics drivers. Choose Update Drivers
- Tap on Search automatically for graphics drivers.
- Now windows will search online for the driver & it will also download and install them.
- Once done, restart your PC and then check if it fixes the Elden Ring crashing issue.
Choose Ultimate Performance Mode
- Go to the Start Menu and set up the Command Prompt as an administrator:
- Bring out the following command in order to create the Ultimate Performance Plan:
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Set up Control Panel and open Hardware & Sound > Power Option.
- Here you will see the newly created plan there.
- Choose it & the plan will be implemented right away. Verify if it resolves the Elden Ring crashing issue.
Bypass Elden Ring Anti-Cheat System
- Firstly you should set up the File Explorer by using the Windows+E shortcut and open the following location:
- There you will locate two EXE files: “eldenring.exe” & as well as “start_protected_game.exe”.
- Here you should rename the “start_protected_game.exe” file.
- Type it “eldenring.exe” file on the Desktop.
- Now you should go back to the Game folder. Also, rename the “eldenring.exe” file to “start_protected_game.exe”.
- Here you should copy the “eldenring.exe” file. Then paste it inside the Game folder.
- Set up Elden Ring by using this “eldenring.exe” file and view in case the crashing problems have been resolved or not.
Validate Game Files
- Firstly, set up the Steam and open the Library section.
- Now you should right-click on Elden Ring and choose Properties.
- Open the Local Files tab. Tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Here you should wait for the method to complete. Verify if it resolves the Elden Ring crashing issue on the Computer.
Turn off the Full-Screen Optimization to fix the issue Elden Ring Crashing, Stuttering, FPS Drops, Performance Bug
- Now you should set up File Explorer via the Windows+E shortcut. Open the following location:
- Right-click on “eldenring.exe” and choose Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab. Verify the Disable Fullscreen Optimization.
Reboot Device Association Service
- Firstly open the Start menu, simply find Services, and go to it.
- Drop to Device Association Service, simply right-click on it, and choose Stop.
- In case the Stop option is greyed out, set up Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Bring out the following command & note down the PID number:
sc queryex DeviceAssociationService
- Bring out the following mentioned command, replacing XXXX with the PID number:
taskkill /pid xxxx /f
- You should unplug your controller & replug it back in (as stopping this service will turn off the pairing).
- Finally set up Elden Ring. Verify if the crashing issue has been resolved or not.
For AMD Ryzen PCs
- Set up the Radeon Software application on the Computer.
- Open the Games section and tap on More Options.
- Tap on Add a Game, go to Elden Ring.exe file. Choose it.
- Here it will be added to Radeon Software.
- Choose it & enable the toggle next to Radeon Anti Lag.
Get Pending Hotfix
Finally, you should download the pending Hotfix. After this, we are hopeful that your issue will be solved. If you have any issues or any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.